leaf print

I got a great screen the other day!

I pulled some vines and placed them on the exposure unit and then I coated the biggest silkscreen I had in the shop and burned the vine image on it. It came out so much better than I’d hoped. I dyed a piece of very heavy linen cotton. It is almost like a duck. I used tangerine, mixing red and black.  I printed it with a ready made discharge paste that is supposed to leave color behind. this one was called autumn gold or something like that.

Here’s what I got. Looks better since I ironed it.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in printing with dye and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to leaf print

  1. Tash says:

    What was the discharge paste you used?

  2. marjorie says:

    wow! Thanks everyone for your responses to my leaf print. I am probably going to do a few more today. I hope you all have a wonderful creative day! xoxo

  3. Donna says:

    Really pretty!

  4. pennross says:

    Stunning!!!! truly!

  5. Wow! Looks so elegant!

  6. Curls & Q says:

    This is so amazingly beautiful! What an artist!

Love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s