sorry it’s so out of focus but the color is right on from this monitor anyway. Here is the roving after dyeing it with first the quince flower and then the quince branch dyes I made last week. I used the iron mordant from the rusty saw blade. I’m not sure I would have gone for this color, but it is pretty true to the dye’s pinkish brown. I’m feeling pretty good about it and I think it is beautiful. I get the natural dye satisfaction thing. I grew the flower, made the dye, made the mordant all from my garden and kitchen and old shed. Pretty cool.
The first roving I dyed that I got impatient with and threw in some acid dyes looks pretty good too. I would really like to try to spin it. Or make some felt. Oh I feel another obsession coming on.