Peter made great progress on the artbarn today. Wow I don’t know if he will finish it by the end of the weekend but he will be close. There will be a lot of finishing to do but getting the walls and windows up is a huge accomplishment. Way to go!
Got the studio nice and clean today and fixed my exposure unit. Thanks to the encouragement of some of my blogging buddies Curl and Q I am cooking up some quince to make dye tonight. I put the flowers in one pot and the branches and leaves in another.
Tonight I will look around for silk, linen, cotton and wool roving and get it all into mordants. As Curl suggests, I’m going to use different mordants to see what happens. I have vinegar, alum, and citric acid. I also have soda ash, but I think that is only for procion dyes. What the heck I’ll try it anyway. I turned the heat up as I sat down to write this and now I can smell the beginning of a steamy flower evening. mmmmm
Here’s to dyeing every day
And maybe I’ll even get to that miniquilt tonight!